Thursday, April 24, 2008

*All Clean*

So today was the main washing of the cup day. I hope I did it correctly. The website said to use antibacterial soap and hot water. Iused Dial, because hot water and Dial kills bacteria and it's what the burn hospital had us using on Manuel's burn and skin grafts. Then I did a rinse in vinegar water solution. I should measure it next time, I think I had too much vinegar.

Brian is home sick. He still hasn't asked why there is no trash evidence of my period, so I haven't mentioned it to him yet. It doesn't seem the kind of thing I just excitedly blurt out.
"Hey, honey, guess what!! I just got a rubber cup to insert in my vagina to catch menstrual blood! Isn't that cool!!??"

I'm glad he didn't walk in while I was washing it. I prefer not to explain it while washing it. I think having visuals for it would not be good for my husband. He gets queasy watching CSI. He won't watch it with me.

So, those of you who are Cup Users, how do you wash yours at the end of the cycle? Do you use antibacterial soap and bleach?

9 comments:

Stacie said...

i wash mine with tea tree soap. i only rinse with vinegar every few months.i would NEVER use bleach. i hate bleach to begin with, and the thought of any residual chemicals getting inserted up there freaks me out.

NoJo said...

I was out of tea tree soap. The bottle is dark so I couldn't tell. went to use it yesterday and it's empty, just a couple drops. it's on my Trader Joe List. which I will probably go to today since Connor's PT is cancelled.

I wouldn;t want to use bleach, but the Cup sites all say bleach can be used.

so, just every few months for the vinegar? sounds good.

I'll have to pack my Tea Tree Soap when we go camping.

Caroline said...

hi nojo,
I am trying to figure out who you are. Have we met in person, or just blog land?

Melissa said...

men know better than to ask such a question. haha

Lynn said...

You commented on my blog about the Theives® soap. Thanks for checking that out! I hope you won't mind me taking a "referral moment" here.

Thieves® is available through my website www.HeavenScentEssentials.com
You will also find my contact information there.

I just love these products and believe they are incredibly awesome for immunity, antibacterial, and all of that with NO toxic concerns.

Lynn said...

One more thing . . . you asked about using this grated in your laundry soap . . . I believe it would work very well. Someone mentioned using Tea Tree Soap. We also have a Melaleua-Geranium bar soap, which is very antibacterial as well. (Melaleuca is Tea Tree.) You'll see my website info in the previous post.

Caro said...

Norwegian, Nojo :D Thanks for stepping by anyways ^^

I'm the same as you, it's for comfort and health!

On cleaning, I usually just boil it, or use a sort of disinfectant gel made for sex toys :P I figured that'd be safe, and it's pretty easy to use, so if I have to travel I'll bring that.

And I think I HAVE blurted out something similar, you know >_>

earthlingorgeous said...

Hi Nojo :p I really want to have 3 columns because it's necessary for all those too many things I wanna put in my blog hahahaha...

and this cup I still can't imagine me using it, I get queasy too thinking how to put it in there and then just let it catch the blood...

uhmmm can you walk when this is in... oh I feel silly:P

earthlingorgeous said...

hey nojo :) back I fixed the two blacks hahahaha not blacks anymore but transparent hahaha... hey I wanna add your link up my 2 blogs if it's ok :) thanks :)

still can't get over the icky odd feel of washing the cup hahaha...