Friday, April 25, 2008

SHOPPING FUN

My Cloth pads didn't come today. Maybe tomorrow.


I now have 11 reusable grocery bags. 1 is a cotton 'net' bag. It's great for produce. Looks like this:




But the handles are not as long. It's great. it folds so small. it can fit inside py purse or cargo pant pocket with room plenty of room to spare. And I can put a HUGE amount of produce in it.

2 oy my bags are on the smaller side. My Trader Joe bag is very big. The others are Meijer Bags. pretty roomy. More roomy than a brown paper bag. So I have PLENTY of reusbale bags for shopping.

And sometimes I just SAY NO. If I am just in the store for a head oflettuce and a bottle of shave gel, then I say no to getting a bag. I can carry that in my hands. I bet a lot of people could Just say No to bags from time to time. and the people I see in the store- 1/3 could say no to a bag! (Maybe Americans also need to plan our shopping better so we aren't always back at the store for that loaf of bread we forgot)

SO----- ANY-HOO

I went to Trdaer Joes yesterday. I bought all kinds of snacks.
Wasabi Peas - (in a bag like you'd get nuts)
Sesamae Sticks-
Sesame Sticks with Honey - My Fav! Ki's alergic ro honey so I have them labeled well.
Pita Chips with Sea Salt-
Pita Chips- Garlic & Parmasean Cheese
Bagel Chips
Dry Roasted Almonds

I bought hand soap and 2 things of tea tree oil face soap.

A scratching pad thing for the cat

Blueberry Juice

Bananas

Protein Bars
Fiber Bars
some new bar- a raw food, organic bar. looked interesting
Fruit Leathers

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I just say no when I can. It's very liberating. But I've noticed that sometimes the cashier is taken aback. It's fun to see...

Melissa said...

everybody raves about trader joes. one of these days i need to find one and go check them out. what is the best items i should look for there?

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Trader Joes Blueberry Fiber Rich Muffins? I can't remember the exact name, but there are 4 large muffins to a container and they are really yummy. Trader Joes is one of my favorite places to go to - it's not real expensive so it's easy to try new things (without blowing the budget).